I usually avoid Memory foam mattresses due to the fact that they tend to heat up a lot and leave the user feeling like they are trapped inside the mattress. However, after my doctor recommended to have second thoughts about my choice of mattress, I decided to give it a chance.
Being someone who suffers frequent back pains, the traditional innerspring mattress did not cut it for me. What I needed was a smart mattress that was able to conform to my needs and my different sleeping positions.
What is Amerisleep?
The Amerisleep is a named brand when it comes to the memory foam industry. After hours of searching for a suitable mattress, I finally found a mattress that countered all the problems of a traditional memory foam while still being cheap.
How is Amerisleep Redefining the Mattress Industry?
The Amerisleep company effectively eliminates any middlemen. Instead, they choose to directly sell to the customers. This results in cheaper mattresses than those in brick and mortar stores. They do operate their own retail stores all across the US.
All manufactured mattresses are completely green and do not in any way adversely affect the environment. All manufacturing processes are extremely eco-friendly.
Amerisleep delivers true to their claims and provides users with the most affordable luxury memory foam mattresses. These mattresses are not only cool to sleep but they are also very comfortable as well. The AS3 is a medium comfort level meaning that it can be used for sleepers with all kinds of sleeping positions.
- Amerisleep AS3 Size & Price
- Full Detailed Amerisleep AS3 Review
- Construction ( Cover & Layers )
- Edge Support
- Motion Transfer
- Sleeping Position Suitability
- Design Modification
- Warranty, Trial & Shipping
- Matrress Availability
- Why Should You Have To Buy it?
- Amerisleep AS3 Review – Conclusion
Amerisleep AS3 Size & Price
When visiting most other brick and mortar stores, you are bound to come across sizing problems. Most cheaper mattress companies sell sizes that do not measure up to their advertised dimensions.
If not that, you would find that they do not have the size of the mattress you desire. Shopping online effectively eliminates this problem. All mattresses are manufactured when the user clicks ‘Shop’ hence, all sizes are readily available at the Amerisleep mattress.
The full details on the sizing and price are given below:
Sr Size 1. Twin 2. Twin XL 3. Full 4. Queen 5. King 6. California King 7. Split King
I got mine in the size “King” It fit perfectly on my King sized bed. I found the price to be extremely suitable when I compared it with other companies.
Full Detailed Amerisleep AS3 Review
My experience with the Amerisleep AS3 mattress has been the most satisfactory one. I found the mattress to be a perfect blend of comfort and support. I opted for a King sized AS3 bed. The reason? I wanted a medium comfort level mattress that was not too soft that I would end up sinking into it and not too hard that it would mess with my back.
So, I finally went online and ordered it. The ordering process was simple and efficient. The site provides full details about the mattress you are trying to buy. This helped me in making an extremely informed decision.
The site also featured reviews from other users as well. It definitely ensured me that this was the right mattress for me.
After ordering, the mattress arrived in a matter of 5 days. I was happy to finally receive it. The mattress was delivered through FedEx. The best part? The shipping was absolutely free! I was ecstatic that I would not have to waste hundreds of dollars just to get my mattress.
I finally took a plunge into the mattress. At first, it gave a little, then slowly it adjusted to my body weight and toughened up until it was just the right amount of comfort and support.
Since I share the bed with my husband, I thought we would run into troubles. We both have different sleeping preferences. However, we were pleased to find out that the mattress suited incredibly well to both our preferences.
After nights of sleeping, I found myself healed from the excruciating back pain every morning. The mattress certainly does not heat up neither does it trap you.
All in all, I recommend this mattress to anyone looking for luxury under a budget.
Also Read Amerisleep AS4 Mattress Review
Construction ( Cover & Layers )
The Amerisleep AS3 is a perfect blend of unique layers that combine together to impart the outstanding properties to the mattress.
All Amerisleep mattresses are manufactured in the US and by using all US derived products. I will be pleased to note that their factories follow standard control procedures to ensure the best quality products.
Their Approach to Design:
The unique design of the AS3 effectively eliminates many of the problems with traditional memory foams:
- Eco-Friendly: The mattresses are manufactured to be eco-friendly. Most memory foam mattresses cause off-gassing and production of Volatile Organic Compounds which can harm you and the environment. The AS3 produces no off-gassing and has no “new mattress” smell.
- Superior Contouring: Most memory foam mattresses conform to your body by letting it sink into the mattress. This makes the user feel trapped. I have to say, the Amerisleep only contours and conforms to your body shape and does not make you feel trapped.
- Better Breathability: The open cell structure used in the AS3 Bio PUR memory foam allows air to pass through without causing you to sweat heavily in the night.
- Deep Rest: The AS3 is also equipped to provide you with deep restorative sleep that will leave you undisturbed and healed throughout the night.
The Amerisleep AS3 surprised me when I viewed the intense structure of the mattress. The mattress has a total of 3 layers and an extremely functional cover. The total height of the mattress is 12 inches. The details are discussed below as:
When viewing the mattress, one usually neglects to look at the cover. The only reason we might even consider the mattress cover is because of aesthetic reasons. However, you would be surprised to find out that the Amerisleep AS3 Cover is equipped with a high-performance Celliant material.
Celliant is an innovative technology that is constructed out of 13 different thermoreactive minerals. These minerals help the mattress keep cool by reflecting all heat away from the mattress. This makes the mattress seem cool to touch.
The cover incorporates Spandex as well, which makes the cover stretchable and thus would not bunch together,
Aesthetically, the cover is white with an indented dotted pattern and is attached to the plain royal blue cover.
Firmness – The mattress AS3 comes in a medium comfort level. Now, after looking through numerous buying guides, I finally came to the conclusion that the medium version is best for those who sleep with their partners. Why might you ask? Let me list it down.
- The medium comfort level is best for all kinds of sleeping positions. You might sleep on your back, stomach or your sides, the medium version supports you extremely well.
- Medium version provides the comfort of the softer mattress without making you feel trapped or engulfing your body.
- Medium firmness provides the support of the firmer mattress without making it feel like you are lying on a rock.
- The Medium comfort level would suit partners of differing sleeping positions as well as comfort preferences.
My husband, who prefers a harder mattress because of the support, found the mattress perfect for his needs. I, too, found it perfect for my needs, even though I am a strong advocate of the softer versions. Thus it avoided a conflict and ensured both of our comforts.
Feel – The mattress feels a little softer when you first push into it, however, it quickly contours and provides the necessary support. The cover is cool to touch.
Bounce – The transition layer gives it a much-needed bounce. This makes it more comfortable to sleep in and you can easily move around on the bed.
As I mentioned above, I sleep with my husband. This makes it hard for the both of us. He tends to move a lot in his sleep and I usually end up falling over the side. We often find our 2-year-old on our side as well. In these situations, even a King sized bed seems small and useless. This is where the edge support comes in handy.
What is Edge Support?
Edge Support provides the same kind of comfort at the edges as it does in the middle. This means more room for you to sleep on. Most mattresses compress or sag from the sides when you apply pressure on them. However, with the AS3 you will never find yourself with this complaint.
How is the Edge Support in the AS3?
The edge support of the AS3 is extremely efficient with only the first soft layer compressing under intense pressures. I can easily sleep on the edge without worrying about falling off. Even sitting at the edge is easier now. I can sit perfectly well without the uncomfortable feel of the frame digging into my thighs.
Which Layer is Responsible?
The 7-inch base layer is essentially responsible for the excellent edge support. The Bio Core Foam has a hardcore that provides perfect support to both the center as well as the middle.
Days, when my husband is out of town, I tend to let my 2-year-old share the bed with me. I toss and turn a lot in my sleep and usually end up waking my son during all these movements. His nights get disturbed and he wakes up groggy and tired. Obviously, this was the case with my older mattress. It did nothing to prevent my movements from transferring to him.
How did the AS3 Help Me Overcome Motion Transfer?
However, ever since I bought the AS3, I not only noticed a change in his sleeping habits, I noticed a change in mine too. I used to get disturbed by other’s movements as well and usually wrote that off as normal. Only when I bought the AS3, I learned what it is truly like to sleep through the night undisturbed. My son wakes up fresh for his daily activities and I, for mine.
Which Layer is Responsible?
The transition layer is incredibly responsive. It quickly blocks any motion and prevents it from transferring forward. This, however, does not mean that your mattress affects your movement in any way. You can still easily move around on the mattress.
The 7-inch support base provides this structure to the mattress and ensures no sagging occurs. For folks who share a bed, this feature is heaven as it ensures a deep sleep all night without feeling a thing.
Sleeping Position Suitability
When it comes to determining which firmness level suits which type of sleeping position, most folks end up scratching their heads in confusion. To explain it in an easier way, I have compiled my knowledge in the form of the following table:
|Side Sleepers and Back Sleepers||All Types of Sleepers||Side Sleepers and Stomach Sleepers|
1. The soft version of all mattresses hugs your body to provide it with the ultimate comfort.
2. Most soft versions are too soft and engulf you in like quicksand.
3. The soft version is
great for side sleepers and does not dig into the shoulders or hips.
4. It eliminates limbs from falling asleep.
5. It is great for back sleepers as well.
1. The Medium Version is great for all those users who want a luxury hotel kind of comfort in their mattress.
2. It provides the user with a plush comfort feel while providing a firm support.
3. This version is great for all kinds of sleepers whether they are the stomach, back or side sleepers.
4. The mattress is great for couples who have different firmness preferences.
5. If you cannot decide whether you would like a softer or firmer mattress, then this mattress version is for you.
1. The firm version is perfect for those users who hate the feeling of sinking into the mattress.
2. The mattress is supportive, however, that does not mean it is uncomfortable.
3. On the contrary, the mattress is comfortable and allows a little depression not enough for you to even notice.
4. This version is best for back sleepers or stomach sleepers.
5. It eliminates pressure on the stomach and internal organs.
6. The mattress is great for you if you require a flatter surface to sleep on.
The Amerisleep company only started recently and has expanded country-wide and achieved acclaim. Since then it has had little time to change its design. They did introduce the Celliant cover recently. This design change proved not to be merely an aesthetic one, but a functional one as well.
It created more breathability for the user. The technology has open fibers that allow air to easily pass through. They are made with a mix of 13 thermoreactive minerals that prevent heat from trapping inside the mattress.
Warranty, Trial & Shipping
The Amerisleep Mattress provides its users with a warranty of 20 years. When comparing with other mattresses, you will find out that most other companies only provide users with 10 years of warranty.
This pales in comparison to the Amerisleep. The whopping 20 years of warranty ensures you have a stable investment in your mattress and can rest assured knowing any problems will be tackled appropriately.
The company will replace or repair any damage or defect that happens in the mattress within the warranty term. This ensures great customer service which is to be expected from a quality-conscious company such as Amerisleep.
The Warranty is divided into two parts:
- First Ten Years of Warranty: This warranty is a full replacement warranty. During this period, the company will determine whether there are any relevant defects or damages to your mattress. The company will replace or repair any damages that are covered by the limited warranty.
- Last Ten Years of Warranty: This warranty is a prorated warranty. If any damages or defects covered by the warranty occur, the company will replace the mattress. However, the replacement will be at the cost of 50 percent of the original price. The company will also charge shipping fees as well as prorating fees.
What does the Warranty Cover?
These warranty terms are:
- Any manufacturing defect like stitching coming apart or cracking of the mattress.The deterioration in the cell structure of the mattress materials that causes the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than three-quarters of an inch (0.75″).
- Amerisleep mattresses should be used on a solid wood, non-spring, completely flat foundation or bed platform.
- A box spring is only allowed to be used with at least a three-quarter inch (0.75”) sheet of moisture-resistant plywood placed over the entire box spring.
- If you are using a slatted base, the slats must be no greater than three inches (3”)
- Insufficient substitutions for this material, improper foundations, platforms, box springs, or other bases that the mattress is placed on will void your Amerisleep mattress warranty and all other warranties expressed or implied.
- All warranties will not apply if the mattress, foundation, or cover has been damaged, physically abused, burned, saturated with moisture, cut, or torn.
It is extremely necessary to know about the warranty policy of the mattress company. In case of any defects, many folks are ignorant about the warranty and chose to live with the defect without knowing that it can be easily repaired.
The Amerisleep company offers you a 100 nights risk-free trial to help you find out if the mattress is right for you. When using memory foam mattresses, you need some time to get adjusted to how they feel.
You might initially feel a bit trapped or congested. A week or two on the mattress is necessary if you want to find out the true potential of any mattress. The trial period at Amerisleep helps you do just that.
It offers you a chance to check out the comfort level of the mattress and helps you ensure the mattress is the right one for you. Don’t like the mattress? Simply return it at no extra restocking fees.
When does your Trial Start?
Well, most of the mattress companies trick you by offering a said 100 nights of the trial. But, their trial starts as soon as your order. So, most of the trial period is spent in the shipping, However, the Amerisleep trial period starts from the day it arrives at your doorstep.
If you ordered a base from the same company for the mattress, then your trial period will start when both the products have arrived.
However, the company does require you to wait at least 30 days to get adjusted before making a claim for returns. I found it eccentric that such a huge corporation could care so much about its customers.
One of the most amazing things about the Amerisleep? Absolutely free shipping! I was grateful for not having to spend hundreds of dollars just to get my product. Most other companies charge up to a $100 just for shipping. The shipping is free inside the US and is done through FedEx which has been in the delivery game for years. They ship to your doorstep in a matter of 5-7 business days.
The FedEx movers, however, do not fix the mattress to your bed, neither do they ship it up to your bedroom. The company does not offer white glove delivery services because the mattresses are shipped compressed in a box and are easy to take up to the bedroom. The volume is greatly reduced, so they are small and can be easily carried.
These mattresses do not require a signature. You can easily leave the house and have someone else accept the package for you without worrying about the formalities.
So, all in all, you can expect your mattress to arrive in about a week. You will receive a tracking order to notify you of the time. Don’t worry if you have to leave and cannot receive the package, as they do not ship Signature Required. The company ships all over the US and even internationally.
A company as professional and grand as the Amerisleep is available across all 50 states of the U.S. It has 5 to ten retail stores all across Arizona. These are located in:
Ordering online has made purchasing a mattress so easy. Loading and unloading a mattress especially, if you live in a far-off place, can be hectic. Returning it can be such a hassle as well, as you have to ship it back to the said retail store.
With the Amerisleep, ordering mattresses online has become easier. The Amerisleep company answers your call and serves you at your doorstep. No matter if it is the original delivery or a return and replacement, you can sit back and relax and let the experts at this amazing company take charge.
Living in a remote area where not a lot of mattress options are available, I was ecstatic at the quick and on-your-doorstep delivery of the company. I only had to click a button and I had a new mattress in my room within a week.
Why Should You Have To Buy it?
Buying Amerisleep AS3 will be the best decision of your life. Why do you ask? If the following details do not convince you, I do not know what will:
Eco-Friendly: If you are one to fuss about the environment, then you can rest assured. This mattress is manufactured right here in the US. The manufacturing process is extremely eco-friendly. The VPF process is a proof of the process’ environment-friendly policies. Their company proudly boasts about producing cleaner air than they start with.
Cool to Touch: The mattress effectively eliminates any trapped body heat using its Bio PUR Memory foam. The Bio PUR memory foam is developed with an open cell structure which allows sufficient air to pass through. I must say, the mattress helps you sleep cool and comfortable.
100 Trial Nights: Perhaps, the best part is that the company offers you 100 trial nights. This means you can essentially try out the mattress and how comfortable you are with it. If you find the mattress does not meet your requirements, the company will refund the mattress for the full price.
Warranty: The company offers a warranty period of up to 20 years.
Variety of Sizes: The mattress comes in a wide variety of sizes including the Twin, Twin XL, Queen, Full, King and California King. The mattress comes with a split king option as well.
Suitable for any Frame: The mattress is suitable for any frame, be it flat or slatted, boxspring, adjustable base or even the floor.
Orthopedic Technology: The mattress features orthopedic technology that relieves the back and neck pressure and reduces said pressure points. It is excellent for you if you have any spinal troubles.
Amerisleep AS3 Review – Conclusion
The Amerisleep AS3 is one of the most luxurious yet affordable mattresses out on the market. The mattress is perfect for side sleepers, stomach sleepers as well as back sleepers.
It is for all those who love the perfect balance of support and comfort. Its 20-year warranty and the variety of features make it one of the best mattresses.
The Amerisleep AS3 mattress company offers you six different sizes i.e King, Queen, Cal King, Full, Twin and Twin XL.
The 12 inches in height, as well as the medium comfort level, provide the user with the ultimate comfort and support.
The unique blend of countless layers allows the sleeper a cool and comfortable sleep. These layers tend to makes the mattress, cooler, breathable, supportive, pressure relieving and durable.
The 100 nights trial period and 20-year warranty will bring you peace of mind that your investment is safe!
Amerisleep AS3 Company Information
Company History – Amerisleep was founded in 2007. Its sister company AstraBeds, which manufactures latex mattresses, was launched the same year.
Corporate Address – 7167 E. Rancho Vista Drive, Suite 137
Scottsdale, AZ 85251-1496 https://www.amerisleep.com